1. All fees are due and payable at the time of service. There is a 30 day grace period without penalty for customers whose accounts are in good standing from the date of service. Late fees will be applied to past due accounts including but not limited to, a 10% late charge for past due accounts assessed each month the account remains unpaid plus interest and collection fees if incurred by Michael's Lawn Sprinkler Service, Inc. Customers on COD status must pay for service in advance or at the time of service. Accounts which remain unpaid for more than 90 days from the date of service will be turned over for collection by our attorney and may add additional cost for collection services to your account.
2. Reminders to schedule your appointment will be made by email. If you do not have a valid email address on file with us, you will need schedule your appointment(s) without reminders. We do not guarantee you will receive our emails and encourage you to check your "spam" folder if you do not get our reminders in your inbox. Michael's is not responsible for placing you on the service schedule without a request in writing or by telephone by its customers. Customers are responsible for confirming dates of service and are required to give at least one day's business notice for any change or cancellation. Changes in terms of service, access to property or requests for cancellation not received by Michael's one day's business prior will not be considered valid and your account may be charged for a "missed appointment" as a result.
3. If you move or sell your home, you are still responsible for services rendered. Michael's will not engage in third party billing with any person other than the homeowner who requested service.
4. Michael’s Lawn Sprinkler reserves the right to cancel any service appointment at any time and at its sole discretion for scheduling conflicts or for any reason it deems appropriate to the welfare and operation of its business. A prorated amount of refund for pre-paid services will be determined by Michael’s Lawn Sprinkler and issued if Michael's deems the refund is warranted. There will be no refund for pre-paid service if the terms outlined herein are not followed by the customer.
5. Michael’s Lawn Sprinkler does not warrant that your irrigation system is in working order at startup or after winterization as part of our service. Neither does is guarantee against damage to your system as a result of freezing weather. Winterization is a precautionary service which greatly increases the likelihood that frost damage will not occur but does not guarantee it. Spring Startup service call (including a backflow test if appropriate) consists of checking the system for operation and possible problems or issues that adversely affect its operation. Spring Startup service call includes up to the first .75 man hours service work. Your sprinkler system may require additional work which may need to be scheduled for a later date as Michael's schedule allows. All additional work will be billed at our regular rates. Any parts used will be billed at our regular prices. No additional work will be performed at Winterization service call unless necessary to perform the winterization itself and then any labor beyond the winterization will be billed separately plus parts used. Additional work required to perform winterization may require a separate service appointment and is not guaranteed to be done on your initial appointment date. Delays caused by such additional work is not the responsibility of Michael's and may cause damage to the system as a result of cold weather occurring between the original date of winterization and the actual date that Michael's is able to complete this service. Michael's is not responsible for damage due to adverse weather in any case.
6. We recommend well systems can generally be started up in March and city water systems not be started up before April. Michael’s Lawn Sprinkler has no control over the weather and will not be responsible for any frost damage to your system. We recommend winterizing city water systems in October and well system in November. All winterizations will be done before or by the second week of December. Winterization is done by blowing a high volume of air through your system to purge as much of the water as we can to avoid freezing components in the winter. We do not guarantee against frost damage but rather to prevent damage as best we can. It is the customer’s responsibility to schedule appointments in a timely manner. Our regular winterization season begins the first week of October and ends the first week in December. Any winterization scheduled outside of this regular schedule will be subject to additional charges.
7. Michael’s Lawn Sprinkler will make every effort to schedule your appointment in an easy and convenient manner. Our normal work schedule is Monday-Friday and we try to accommodate morning or afternoon preference. We cannot schedule exact time appointments due to the nature of our work. We are happy to telephone you 30 minutes ahead if you request it. We do not schedule Saturday appointments. If you have a water shutoff that is located in your basement, we must have access to it unless you have the water turned on or off as the case may be for us when we arrive. Access to sprinkler components including main water shutoff, timer or any part of the irrigation system we require in order to perform our work is the customer’s responsibility. Failure to provide access (i.e., locked doors, gates or no reponse to door) may result in additional charge(s) for missed appointments. Customer is responsible for assuring access including operation of garage code pads, gates, pets, open doors or any other condition which keeps us from performing service.